semantic pragmatic language disorder.

Advice on Special Needs and the 11 Plus Exams

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Oblique

Re: semantic pragmatic language disorder.

Post by Oblique »

I have had no experience of this particular condition and I am not in your area, sorry! But...
No chance of a statement me thinks Amber, before we left UK his last school-head's answer when problems surfaced was to suspend him no questions asked. As I was told by our old primary head, unless they are throwing chairs around the classroom very few Specific learning difficulties children get the support they need
Things have changed since the 1st Sept 2014, when the new legislation and code of practice became a reality. There are many unanswered questions and unresolved issues; it is most definitely a work in progress but even the most cynical parent can see that it has to be an improvement on the old system! Statements have been replaced by Education, Health and Care Plans (EHC Plans). The criteria remains the same, but now extends up to 25. School Action and SA+ have been replaced by 'SEN support'. The emphasis is now squarely focused on the child's needs and 'outcomes'. Professionals must work together with greater consideration and involvement with parents and the young people concerned.

I would suggest contacting IPSEA as these people have been heavily involved in the reforms and have dissected the new rules. Good luck!
Tolstoy

Re: semantic pragmatic language disorder.

Post by Tolstoy »

Thank you for that information Oblique. I have contacted them and hope they can help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now