rewards for taking/passing 11+?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
familyinthevalley

Post by familyinthevalley »

You're right Milla - that's why he's going to Games Workshop on Saturday to choose some goodies :)
Milla

Post by Milla »

Orks! don't you wonder where your children came from sometimes? :lol:
MJMoore

Post by MJMoore »

When we originally decided to try the 11+, I did say to my daughter that I would look into buying her something if she passed. However, as the time went on, finances changed, and she was aware that that something may be much smaller than I originally hoped.

However, after reading some of the discussion here, I decided that reward for hard work was more important. She was very keen to get an ipod touch, and had actually managed to save, over quite a long time, £90 of her own. So I decided to give her the extra, as a reward for the extra work she had done at home.

As far as I'm concerned, she's been rewarded for working hard, and has also learnt about saving her own money (always a good thing to instill, I believe! :D)

Now she's passed, we will probably all go for a family meal somewhere, plus I'm sure she'll be treated to something small over the next couple of weeks.. maybe a Dr Who book or something. :)
MasterChief

Post by MasterChief »

Orks are cool,but Space Marines are cooler!!!
I promised(and lord knows it seemed like a good idea at the time) my DS 50 pence for every point, pass or fail.
He passed and we are now waiting for the scores to see how much overtime I'm going to have to do!!!! :roll:
My parents,who spoil both our DCs something rotten have promised him a new PC but he didn't know about that until after the result and it would have been a Christmas present anyway if he hadn't passed.

UPDATE
Looks like I'm £ 196 down then!!! :D / :shock:
"We've got a date with Destiny and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
um

Post by um »

my son said to me 'what will i get if i get into grammar school?' i answered ' 'a grammar school place, of course!'
is that not good enough?
i'll probably have to spend hundreds on the uniform as it is....

his dad has promised however to take him paintballing after the exam, i think its more important to give the reward then, than when the results come through.
firsttimermum

Post by firsttimermum »

i have promised mine a mobile phone, he would get that either way but he doesn't know that!!

We took him out for a movie and a lovely meal with our friends and they had a lovely time. It was a reward for all the effort he has put in...I have to wonder though what I do for the KE exam as his efforts are diminishing!!! Lets see......... :?
BlimeyG'vnor

Post by BlimeyG'vnor »

My DD is getting nothing. Other than a big "well done". We approached the test with the attitude that everything you do you should give it your absolute all, and then be pleased with yourself, regardless of the outcome, for doing exactly that.

If they adopt that attitude, regardless of the school they go to, they will do well.
BlimeyG'vnor

Post by BlimeyG'vnor »

My DD is getting nothing. Other than a big "well done". We approached the test with the attitude that everything you do you should give it your absolute all, and then be pleased with yourself, regardless of the outcome, for doing exactly that.

If they adopt that attitude, regardless of the school they go to, they will do well.
BlimeyG'vnor

Post by BlimeyG'vnor »

Charl39

Post by Charl39 »

I couldn't agree more Blimey Guv'nor, that is exactly my attitude and an ethic I wish my daughter to grow up with.
Charl39
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now