Trust

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stig

Post by Stig »

Mel X wrote:Hi Stig

I am sorry if I offended you and any other husbands!!.

Sounds like you have done a great job and I am sure your son has done his best.

Best of luck to you

Melx

Steve

Good luck to you and your son to
Mel - no offence taken - I'm used to it!
Mad Mum

Post by Mad Mum »

I've probably repeated myself time and again in different parts of this forum but thanks to you all for your tips and also anecdotes and I actually enjoy the long rambling ones as you get a feel for all those other parents in your shoes - its lovely to have a giggle and I sit here nodding my head and agreeing on so much of what you say!

My daughter is still a little work-shy but I think thats just her personality and lets face it who wouldn't rather watch TV than do a 50 minute test paper? I do think that 10/11 years is totally the wrong age to be expecting a child to determine (by performance in the 11+) the rest of their schooling. By the time she understands the impact her 11+ exams could/will have on the rest of her schooling (i.e. comprehensive or grammar) it will be too late and trying to explain that to a young 10 year old is nearly impossible!

Cheers everyone and good luck to you all!
vsitor

Post by vsitor »

Interesting. Yes, wrong age for a child to understand the true significance of the part their next school may play in determining their future. But, after 6+ years of formal education, a pretty good age for true aptitude and ability to place the majority of children in the school that should suit them best. In an ideal edu-world of course....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now