yr 5 CATS, what score indicates grammar?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FGT

yr 5 CATS, what score indicates grammar?

Post by FGT »

My child, currently in year 5, took CAT tests this term. I need to assess if child could attempt 11plus at competitive (aren't they all) grammar in year 6. What scores should he have achieved? Any ideas? many thanks
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Sorry don't know the answer. Just adding another couple of questions.
Do all primary schools do CAT tests in yr5? Also, how can you find out your childs the reading age?

BW

Post by Guest »

Your child should ideally be scoring around the 120 mark but it depends on which area you are taking the 11+ in. If it is bucks then the most important mark which most readily translates to 11+ is the Verbal Reasoning score. However they give you some idea of your childs ability but my son scored highly in his CAT tests (lowest score of 126) but failed his 11+!
FGT

CATS

Post by FGT »

Thank you for your messages. We are in Kent area. Lowest score was 120 and highest 131 in other two tests. No idea of reading age, never been told that before, just given spelling age of 15. Don't know much about these CAT tests, weren't told child was doing them.
FGT

Post by Guest »

dear FGT,
it sounds like your son is doing very well and would definately be suitable for the 11+. The pass mark in Kent is around 120 in all subjects so he seems on target at the moment :D