Reading list advice for Yr 2

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
um

Post by um »

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'll look up the ballet stories but fear it may result in requests for a tutu and pink satin shoes!
I still think its important to let them have 'baby' books sometimes. My daughter had always wanted 'Where the wild things were' and admittedly I'd not given her one because I didn't like it the illustrations that much myself. But I ordered her one which arrived yesterday and she's been really happy - reading it again and again :lol: at least it will have some use with the younger two as well. The Jolly Postman is another favourite for a relaxing and fun read. She's finished 'Flat Stanley - flat again', now so I'm trying to get her onto another paperback though!
smallworldmum

Reading List for Year 2 and beyond

Post by smallworldmum »

Hi,

Thought you might like to have a copy of the Reading lists I put together when working as a librarian in a London Prep school last year. Armed with these, you can order titles from your local library and see which ones your DD gravitates towards.

I can't work out how to attach these files, but if you PM me I will Email a copy

smallworldmum