Partner & I have different ideas about how much study time

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

katel

Re: Partner & I have different ideas about how much study ti

Post by katel »

". I think that Katel has always been blessed with great primary and grammar schools"

Nope. Very average primary school.(only just scraped a Good at last OFSTED after years of Satisfactory.) And very average children. One through the 11+ with a gentle amount of practice over the summer before, one in year 4 so another year to go before he has a summer with an hour or so's work every other day.

My top tip? Always use car journeys for a bit of work - it's dead time so nobody's missing any fun!

But I do think that a lot of people go completely over the top with the extra work.
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

katel wrote:". I think that Katel has always been blessed with great primary and grammar schools"

My top tip? Always use car journeys for a bit of work - it's dead time so nobody's missing any fun!

Yes this was one of my fav times to go over some work - also in the bath - my dd loved bath croyons so we would do some maths on the tiles! great fun :lol:
mystery

Post by mystery »

I use car journeys sometimes too. But it doesn't work if you share lifts with others. Glad to hear you did something as was beginning to think you and your children were superhuman or that you had fantastic schools (mind you, wouldn't go on Ofsted reports for determining whether or not it was a great school!)