Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:35 am 

We have got a letter from Medway council about the logistics for the day, our DD will be having her exam at a nearby comp. Need to get together the requisite stationery that they list. They also suggest that they only snack allowed is fruit...not a problem for my DD1, as she does love fruit, but dunno how much ooomph she will get from fruit as we need to drop her there at about 8.25 am and the last exam finishes at 1.30 ish I think. Obviously she'll be having her breakfast much earlier. They suggest fruit because of other children having nut allergies! I wonder if I packed her a ham roll, or a tube of rolos or summat would they confiscate them!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:57 am 

hi ruby
just spoken to my dd about this.
She said last year they could only take fruit too, i think i packed her an assortment of her favs - defo bananas as they are good with energy. But in the breaks at the test they were given a bottle of water and biscuits! She did hers at a local primary. But if you worry that your dd will need more ring them about this.
My dd1 took her test for entry in 2006. She used to need to eat lots so i took it up with them and they let her take a sandwich in. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm 

This post reminded me the day my DS2 took his Tiffin exam and was sent in with spare pencil in one pocket and a cereal bar in the other as per my interpretation of the instructions.

He came out at the end fine but filled with tales of the boy next to him at break who had a rucksac packed with a variety of tupperware boxes all packed with food!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:01 pm 

Never knowingly undercatered, that's me :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:56 pm 

My DS took a sausage roll from the bakers into his test last year... he said the other boys looked at it lovingly at break time, so he shared it out a bit, as they all said they wished they had thought of that!