Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:17 am 
Just wondering. When do primary schools get the results of the school allocations which parents get on 1 or 2 March. Is it at the same time or earlier. This is for London secondary schools...

Post subject: Results
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 pm 
It's alot earlier than us as the headteachers have to make their appeals beofre we are informed on 2nd March, someone had told me that results are back within 2 weeks but not sure how reliable that is. Still dont think headteachers are allowed to discuss with parents until after we are informed!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 pm 

As far as I know the results in Redbridge are sent out on 1st March so we should all be receiving them around 2nd or 3rd depending on post. Not sure if London is the same, but am sure someone on this site will know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:15 pm 

Sorry, I didn't read the original question properly (How many times have I said 'make sure you read the question properly!? :oops: )

OOohhh I really didn't think that schools got the results before parents...I wonder if this is true of Redbridge too. Anyone know?

Post subject: RESULTS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:31 pm 
HA HA!! Yep the school must get results before us (gosh we are just the parents after all!!!!!!) so that they can make appeals on our behalf, I assume thats how it works everywhere - but I am only guessing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:08 pm 
I always thought it was a month after the tests but this does not seem to allow much time for appeal so perhaps 2 weeks is more realistic. It now feels very strange to think the papers are now marked and places allocated. I feel stangely calm now but will feel somewhat different a week before the results are sent out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:52 pm 

To the original poster who asked about when primary schools get to know about school allocations:

You will probably find that your Education Authority publishes the details of its co-ordinated secondary schools admissions scheme - (often on the LA website). Ours in Lincolnshire states:

Feb 24 LEA unlocks the database and schools can see final allocations
(this refers to the secondary schools)

Mar 1 Offers sent to parents by LEA first class post

Mar 2 Primary Schools have access to destination schools of their pupils
Appeals process begins

Primary schools will have access on-line to the desination schools
of their pupils......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:51 am 
In Bournemouth, the primary school is informed of banding by Christmas (kids having sat the test end of November). Parents then informed in March.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:39 pm 
Does anyone know if the Bexley schools are informed before the parents?