I dont understand the scoring sytem of this school ...

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
used2beroche

I dont understand the scoring sytem of this school ...

Post by used2beroche »

I just got DD's Loreto Grammar Altrincham - Trafford results today and I am a little confused ...

The letter says she scored 428 - and the qualifying mark is 325. So she has passed - it seems by a very long margin... Fantastic!

However - If each test is 140 points standardized - that makes highest score possible 420 - and she said she had missed a few questions as well. I hope they haven't got it wrong?

She does have an August birthday - but that only relevant to raw scored not standardised!

I am not celebrating just yet - as I don't understand - also last year - they didn't give scores just said if you had passed or failed.

Claire
mau

Re: I dont understand the scoring sytem of this school ...

Post by mau »

I am in the same situation whether to celebrate or not.

My daughter attended Bexley Grammar test. The result says 'Selective' but the letter says, 'the selection panel decided to deem pupils selective if they achieved a total score of 218 and above. The top 180 scores is 251 and above. This means that S has qualified to be considered for a place in a grammar school in Bexley'

The word 'considered' made us even more confused. Does this mean she has passed and got the place???
Any idea??
hermanmunster

Re: I dont understand the scoring sytem of this school ...

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Mau - best to post in the Bexley / Bromley section - they know ALL about it there!

My understanding is that the top 180 are guaranteed a place - HOWEVER there are many more places available and many of the those above the pass mark and below the 180 will get a place - just won't know until March
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now