changes to admissions policy Sept 2008

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gloucestermum

changes to admissions policy Sept 2008

Post by gloucestermum »

Hello,
Has anybody heard any news re the proposed changes to the Gloucestershire grammar schools admissions policy for Sept 2008? Apparently they aim to change the date of the test so that parents know the results before they fill in their application form to the local authority.This would obviously be great news,but we need to know for time restraints with tutoring and practice papers etc! Any news gratefully received!
Thank you.

I have also posted this on the Gloucestershire topic board!
bexley

Post by bexley »

I believe this to be the case in Bexley from 2007.....a much better arrangement.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

How many of the authorities have said they will definitely change?

sounds like:
Gloucestershire and Bexley so far.

Have a daughter in Year 5 doing N Yorks next year so would be interested if anyone there knows yet
gloucestermum

grammar admissions policy Sept 2008

Post by gloucestermum »

I have been trawling the internet for any info-it seems that in 2005 Gloucestershire LA proposed changes through the schools forum,but they did not have the time to implement for the Sept 07 intake.The final decisions are due to be taken by March this year.I work for the LA so do think a knock on the door of education admissions will be happening this week to see if they can shed any further light.

Only fair that they let us know in good time :!:

Trina
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The notice is not such an issue in N Yorks as the exams are early anyway (early Oct) - will just mean that more candidates from outside the catchment area will be able to apply.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now