State Grammar boarding schools for GIRLS

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
harrow123

Re: State Grammar boarding schools for GIRLS

Post by harrow123 »

Thanks for all replies

And the truth is that , no girls only school offering boarding but there are mixed schools offering boarding for girls/boys. not sure what to do

as of now i have chosen readng boys/royal grammar school-bucks for my DS for a boarding place, in touch with them in terms of admission rules/policies etc. there are still places for boarders in both schools.

I am still continuing to explore if there are any mixed schools which match to my expectations offering boarding for boys & girls

my DS in year 6 and DD in year 4
P's mum

Post by P's mum »

Given lack of all girls schools (except one in North Wales - not I think a grammar), what are your criteria? I might be able to help. I did extensive research for my daughter a few years ago, though I was specifically looking for mixed boarding. (I investigated one or two girls only for comparison - but not in depth).

Why did you specifically want a grammar? O.K. I know that this is a grammar website but at present the boundaries that you have set seem to be so narrow that they can't be met so perhaps you need to be more explicit about both your criteria and why you have set them.

I looked extensively into many state boarding schools, visting a couple and talking to more. I also considered (and visited) some of the more genuinely charitable independents, which with large foundations have much cheaper (or even free) places.

If I can be of any help let me know. Good luck.
P's mum
P's mum

Post by P's mum »

Sorry got my last post wrong St Brigids IS a grammar school but not a girls schoool. It's just that threre are only boarding places for girls.
P's mum
jetnet22

Post by jetnet22 »

.....I had no idea there were state boarding schools
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now