Year 6 Mock Sat's Results

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bustwinks

Year 6 Mock Sat's Results

Post by bustwinks »

My DD had Mock Sats the day before 11+ test and the results are back Maths 5b, reading and writing both 5c.

Of course now I am wondering if this is a high enough standard to pass the 11+. I know it was taken 6 months before proper sats, but should she have achieved 5a's ?
I did tell her not to worry about about the mock sats, what with the 11+ the next day, but to use it as more of a practise run.

Here's hoping

Still counting down the days till March 2nd
yoyo123

Re: Year 6 Mock Sat's Results

Post by yoyo123 »

that sounds fine to me. The 11+ and sats results are not an exact correlation anyway as they test different things ina different way. She did well
bustwinks

Post by bustwinks »

Thanks for you speedy reply YOYO123.

Just a little anxious :)
dutchess

Post by dutchess »

Hi my DD said she got 4 marks off a 5a in Maths and a 5c for the others, so in same situation as your DD. Her school is doing a study group now for SAT's but she doesn't want to do it as she did enough revision for the 11+ which is fair enough, and like you, just want the results now so we can plan either way.
Some days I'm more optimistic than others, on the day she took it, after seeing so many girls outside, I was convinced she wont get in, but now i think she might do. I have prepared myself for her not getting a place as it actually suits us for her not to go, as the local comp is not our catchment school, but her brother is there so she will get a place, but if she goes to BSG I will have problems getting DS2 a place in 2 yrs time as DS1 will have left. Luckily she will be happy to go to either school, so if she's not offered a place she wont cry buckets, as that's what she reckons I will do :wink:
And isn't it the 1st we find out??
Doblinski

Post by Doblinski »

DD got all 5Bs in mock SATs and got into a good GS, some DCs in her class with all 5As did not get in however, so it is not an exact correlation up or down!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now