11+ prep in the summer holidays

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

punkyfish

11+ prep in the summer holidays

Post by punkyfish »

Hi, I am new to this group and very very pleased to have found you. So much really useful information and support :D We would count as late starters, and time now seems to be very short. I am very much hoping that you may be able to help me. Does anyone have any information about summer holiday tuition classes for the 11+ exams...(Sale, Urmston and Altrincham boys specifically). I have looked but can't seem to find anything happening :o ... Many thanks! Punkyfish :)
mystery

Re: 11+ prep in the summer holidays

Post by mystery »

I don't I'm afraid, but you do sometimes find private tutors who like to tutor during school holidays if they don't have young children of their own in the way.
mum23*

Re: 11+ prep in the summer holidays

Post by mum23* »

I only really found out about grammar schools near us in about June for my eldest and went the DIY route for speed and because you can do more prep that way. I didn't think I had time to look for a tutor and wanted to be able to help as and when DD needed it. If you feel your DC would do the work for you and you are confident about tackling the questions then go for it. You need to spend a bit of time and money on papers but could re-use books with siblings. Do some papers yourself and read up on this forum, plenty of good advice and the shop for materials. If time is short, one hour a week with a tutor might not be enough. Depends on your DC though I suppose. At this stage working over the summer hols would be essential (in my experience anyway) for tests in early autumn. ps DD passed so I DIYed DD2 and am now doing same for my DS...happily that will be it for us!

You might be able to find a tutor through this site and go on your area section for detailed advice re the tests in your local schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now