Mock tests??

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

svg123

Mock tests??

Post by svg123 »

Is anyone aware of any mock exams in coming months in/around London apart from the Sutton Grammar School?
Daogroupie

Re: Mock tests??

Post by Daogroupie »

Yes, but we are not allowed to mention them on this site. pm me and I will attempt to spell out the name that must not be typed! DG
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

pm me and I will attempt to spell out the name that must not be typed!

the site wants to remains impartial and that is why we ask that any recommendations are sent by personal message rather than on open forum
layla22

Post by layla22 »

Has anyone had any experience with mock tests. Did their child find it useful? I am considering getting my DS entered for one, mainly for getting use to the environment and trying to finish the test on time! I would vaue someone's opininon PLEASE!
copella

Post by copella »

Hi my son did the sutton mocks two weeks ago. Beforehand he was very nervous and seeing the number of children who would be sitting it shocked him. However he said once he sat down and began the paper he forgot his anxiety and managed to focus and surprised himself by completing all papers. For him it was a good experience as he realised it was not as frightening as he thought it would be and that he could do the papers and in time, as timing has been one of our issues. He felt quite proud of himself afterwards. We have not had the results back, but I am not so bothered about this as I just wanted him to have some understanding of what it is like. Look at the Herts and Sutton section as there is info there on how others experienced the tests.
layla22

Post by layla22 »

Thanks vey much for that Copella.Will check out the other section.
pabrighton0

Post by pabrighton0 »

Hello,

My child is sitting eleven plus tests in the Autumn.

I am looking for mock exams taking place in Hertfordshire or near, so DD gets used to it. Any PM's would be great!

:D :)
borax

Post by borax »

I would also appreciate any pm for mock 11+ Bucks/Berks/Surrey area in August???

Many thanks
borax
dani*

Post by dani* »

yoyo123 wrote:
pm me and I will attempt to spell out the name that must not be typed!

the site wants to remains impartial and that is why we ask that any recommendations are sent by personal message rather than on open forum
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But the site does sell their own stuff, which my DD hated!
My impartial advice would be to stay well clear! The boards are brilliant though. :wink:
manicmum

Post by manicmum »

My experience of mock tests through the supplier not mentioned above (we used the VR one's in Bucks - Beaconsfield).

If you look at their test results this year no one has achieved 100%. Also in their VR papers they have circa 4/3 questions of each type. So there is more chopping and changing but more chance of you not having a full set of 7 questions that you hate. I am guess from a commercial point of view that they make their tests hard so that when they get what's regarded as a pass the parents can be confident.

For my DS is was great. We did 2 tests both re-enforced his need to focus on timing in setting that made him take it for real. More than he does with his mum! :lol: He didn't get any where close to finishing the first paper and the second achieved a better score but too low cause he rushed.

Both lessons worth the investment of paying for the mock but for me the jury is still out on how close they are to real Bucks VR standards. Sure one of the mod's can comment better than I on level of difficulty.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now