Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question re ALLOCATION
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:54 am 

Sorry if this sounds silly, I'm aware we get one offer, but say we qualify for slough and get an offer but also qualify for Tiffins, what happens if we take the slough offer, do we get put on waiting list for Tiffins?

The results for Tiffins come out same time as allocation of schools, just a bit confused, they give I believe to the top 140 boys, so my q is if we are given a school elsewhere and we have qualified (dreaming) for tiffins, will they tell us we have a qualifying result or automatically put us on the waiting list because we have been offered elsewhere? hope this is making sense.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 am 

You will get offered the highest preference school for which you qualify, but what happens next, will depend on the policy of the school/LA policy.

I've had a very brief look and it appears that in Slough the GS run their own waiting lists and you would need to request to be added to the waiting list. At Tiffin, if you've been offered a higher preference school, you will be automatically removed from the waiting list and you have to request to go back on the list.

As I said it was just a quick look so you should double check the details.

http://www.kingston.gov.uk/browse/educa ... 2_2013.htm
http://www.slough.gov.uk/services/23593.aspx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am 

Thanks mitasol, looks like Tiffins would take you off the waiting list if a place was accepted elsewhere and then we would have to request to go back on, but also we would get the highest pref offer so they would not offer, places would go to people with Tiffins at the top if I understand right, did have a brief read but wasn't clear about it, I think its a bit clearer.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:07 am 

If you qualify for all the schools on your list then the LA will only offer you one school. The one you listed as your highest preference. This is why you are always advised to list schools in your true order of preference. However, it appears from the information I saw that you can still request to be added to the waiting lists at Tiffin and Slough.

If you've made a mistake with the school ranking on your CAF you could approach the LEA and see if it is possible to change the order.