Tutoring....Affordability

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

Re: Tutoring....Affordability

Post by hermanmunster »

cocoa0101 wrote:Country mum,

From one of your earlier posts, you said that your DD gets it and you don't. If your DD is willing to be guided by you (and this forum), why don't you just try and do it together?
Really good point Cocoa. TBH thinking back to when I did the 11 plus and entrance exams I had no trouble "getting" the NVR and VR but when it came to NVR my parents wouldn't have know where to start at that time (probably if they had been able to study it for a while but it didn't come automatically).

I suspect some of it is to do with age at first seeing it - they now use a test to select would be medics called UKCAT (didn't use it in my day - cue violins....) - I have looked at some of these :? :shock: :? :roll: :roll: :lol: :oops: and I would be utterly hopeless if I had to do it now, however if I was 18 I would probably think it was easy peasy.
mystery

Post by mystery »

So when you are about to be put under by an anaesthetist that looks like they are off a youth training scheme, one should be grateful it's not some experienced but incompetent old codger in their forties?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So when you are about to be put under by an anaesthetist that looks like they are off a youth training scheme, one should be grateful it's not some experienced but incompetent old codger in their forties?
:lol: :lol:
scary mum
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

.........for smoothing back their hair , you mean.
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

:shock: *shock Horror*

Well who'd have thought....now I have some literature, some basic how to's and reasoning's behind it all, I am SLOWLY getting to grips with it all :D

Slowly, but it's a start....