Who got in last year?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Who got in last year?

Post by Guest »

After reading through all the posts on this excellent forum - I just wondered how many children from last year's entrants actually got into grammar school. Maybe once you have got your results you are no longer interested in this forum, but I shall come back and let you know if my child got into King Edward VI Camp Hill School.
sleepless

Who got in last year

Post by sleepless »

Guest, you have a very good point. This forum is aimed at those suffering the trials and tribulations of the 11+ but it has to be said that some forum users will be pleased with the outcome and others wont. It would be really good for everyone to know that we all offer congratulations if the news is good but we also offer sympathy if the news is bad. I've had it both ways so I understand both sides.
Tone

Last year

Post by Tone »

My daughter got 116 slough and 120 bucks. she is born in october so had marks removed.
Get this: our preference was:

Langley - initially rejected (needed 119)
Hersche - rejected (full on 1st choice)
Slough - rejected (full on 1st and 2nd choice)
Burnham - rejected (ay too low down the list)

we had no grammar until a letter aarived from langley in april saying she has a place.

the home atmosphere was, well, 'dramatic' to say the least
HappyDays

Post by HappyDays »

Do they remove marks for an early birthday. I was under the impression that they added marks for the younger ones, but I didn't realise they took marks away from children. Ooh I am shocked. My little monkies are born in November - is this a bad thing?

I was under the impression that they would be compared against other November birthdays. It seems a bit harsh to take marks away if they have done their best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now