Admission fraud increases

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Loopyloulou

Re: Admission fraud increases

Post by Loopyloulou »

Well perhaps I'm an optimist. But I do think things are better than they might be. For example much though I loathe some judicial decisions, it would be highly unusual to find a corrupt judge (beyond the semi-judicial "tribunal" level that is - who knows what happens down there :roll: ).
Loopy
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

Any room in your world; lol
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

:D :D :D Come and join me :D :D :D
Loopy
lara228

Post by lara228 »

Going back to the OP....

What would you do if you suspected someone in your child's class of some form of admission fraud?

A boy in DSs class was 'ill' for over a month prior to the first round exam for Barnet's most sought-after boys' grammar school. Apparently he was ill on the day of the main exam and sat the exam on the date made available later. HOWEVER, I am convinced I saw his mum in the melee outside the school at lunch time waiting for the various groups to be let out of the exam. And the boy she met was not her son. Now I could be mistaken and my partner says that no-one could be that stupid knowing that other parents from the same class as her DS would be waiting around, but what would you do if you thought this was true?
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

There could be any number of reasons why she might have been picking up someone else's son from the exam. Personally, I would stay out of it.
TIDDLYMUM

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Lara

I believe this happened at my sons school the year before he joined and a brother or cousin sat the exam. I assume they were found out though because the school now require a mugshot of each child sitting the exam. Whether they actually and check them on the day and the subsequent on the first day when the child turns up I don't know!
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

For my DD 11+ she had to provide a passport photograph, signed by her primary school teacher. And when we turned up for the exams and registered the photo was next to her name.
saram

Post by saram »

Yes, when my sons' sat the 11+ in East Warwickshire, we had to provide a photo, signed on the back by the headteacher; it was on their desk when they arrived and was checked against them. Mind you, I think there is a bit of "interesting" address usage in this area.
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

lara228, dob the parent in, see where you get, give us feedback.
If you are right you will feel good about yourself; if you are wrong, you will look like a right old plonker :lol: :lol: :lol:

best of luck, let us know how you got on.
lara228

Post by lara228 »

If I was 100% sure then I would approach the school - but I'm not and in the end, I don't have a vested interest as my DS isn't going there. I just feel that ANY form of admission fraud should be dealt with swiftly and mean the removal of children from the school - what a way to start your child's journey into adulthood-on a lie.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now