Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: parents evening today
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:52 pm 

My DH attended my DD's parent evening today at school, teacher informed him that my DD has improved tremendously, DH felt like telling him ''no thanks to the school, she has been tutored continously for over 6 months to a year every week'', they are now going over topics she covered for her 11plus :shock: :x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:07 pm 

tubby wrote:
My DH attended my DD's parent evening today at school, teacher informed him that my DD has improved tremendously, DH felt like telling him ''no thanks to the school, she has been tutored continously for over 6 months to a year every week'', they are now going over topics she covered for her 11plus :shock: :x

What would be wrong in telling them? A nicely worded letter handed over to the staff on your DD's last day :lol: At least they would know why she has improved and that it is nothing to do with them.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:49 am 

And if your DC is in state school,after your hard work of tutoring she/he will pass her SATs well which school gets credit for .As to SATs most useless tests at the end of Y6 so whenever you need to use results for an appeal you can just disccus predicted levels not actual levels.