11plusmocktests

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: 11plusmocktests

Post by Daogroupie »

I think they all sat the same papers. My two were strong Maths candidates, one is already on KS3, already scoring 100% on KS2 Maths papers, so we were really looking for feedback on the English. More work clearly needs to be done but they have made progress. Can't wait to see the papers and find out where they fell down. Can you tell from the data what the highest marks were? DG
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

IDo you mean for Maths or English? The top mark for Maths was 94, but the average of the group just 68. Let me check on English.

English, 87 top score and 60 average. VR, 96 top and 79 avg.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you very much for these figures Long Journey. English bringing up the rear as always and that was a comprehension. I am sure that if creative writing had been included the marks would have been even lower. I look forward to seeing the comprehension and see how it compares to local entrance exam papers. I think it sounds like Maths was the paper closest to the real thing. Will you be doing the Sutton mocks next month? DG
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

Yes, DD herself has asked for it. She was disappointed in her Maths score and it looks like she wants to have another go to do better. I guess the mocks we did were successful in that it has spurred on the competitive streak.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

That is such a fantastic result Long Journey. The most important factor with entrance exams is the personal drive of the student to want to do well. I am sure she will do really well because she is prepared to put in the work and test herself. Move quickly as the Sutton mocks sell out every year. We are now looking at doing the Redbridge Tution Group mock at QE girls in Barnet in June or July. With a 3rd Sept exam date the sands of time are running fast! DG
Hera

Post by Hera »

The answer for maths question 16 is wrong, so most should be able to add another couple of % to score!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Did they contact you to let you know or have you had your papers back? So perhaps the highest mark was 96% not 94. Was it a fairly easy question? Dont post it on here as others will be doing these mocks but you could pm it to me. DG
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

Hi would love to hear about your experience of the April 3rd sitting. I am thinking/considering this as an option for my DD.
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

Best I send off the forms then for the sutton mocks. I wish they had an online payment/application system.

Yummycool - Feedback is as written above on this thread. I was happy with everything about the tests but would have preferred a bigger cohort to compare with.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

I have now seen the feedback forms and I am very impressed. My dd's did not get to see their papers for any of their exams. mock or real. It is so helpful to see where they went wrong. I agree that more candidates would have helped but the tests themselves were very worthwhile. One of my candidates did all four , the other did not bother with the NVR as it is no longer required for QE. All signed up for Sutton in May and looking at Redbridge for June but no feedback from anyone as yet. We would like to find one that does creative writing. DG
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now