Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 11+ rough pass marks?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:22 pm 

New to the forum, just after a little advice to ease my mind.

My son whose 10 next week will sit Poole Grammar test in September. I have a tutor who is seeing him once a week to help him do some practice for it. She is confident but others (whose children have gone to the Grammar) seem to think she's expecting too little from him. I would just like to clarify with someone if I can.

The school tells me they are looking for a score of 116 and they are sitting maths, English, verbal and non verbal with no essay question. What sort of marks should I expect him to be getting in the practice papers? His tutor is working towards 75%. I have spoken to the school but they are doing a double intake next year taking in a year 7 and a year 8 ( at the moment in Poole the kids stay in the primary school for year 7 and that is changing next year) and they are giving 11+ practice papers to both year groups so I am a little confused.

My son has a brother already at the grammar and so wants to sit the test regardless and I will allow him to even if I don't feel confident in him passing it but some advice on what the look for from the practice papers would be good. I don't want to overdo the practice so he is doing once a week with a tutor and sitting another test at home with me which she is correcting with him and this will be for a few months.

Long and garbled post I know but thank you for any help.