11+ interview

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mounir

11+ interview

Post by Mounir »

Hello everybody,

I am a total newbie, and I wanted to get some information about the 11+ interview.

When do they take place ? Before or after the 11+ exam ?
Where do they take place ? Which types of schools conduct interviews ?
Why do they take place ?

This is my curiosity talking and I would really appreciate it if you could give me some answers.

Thank you very much !
hermanmunster

Re: 11+ interview

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Mounir

State grammar schools do not interview pupils. Independent schools tend to interview some pupils eg those up for scholarships or borderline or in some cases all of them. Where are you looking to apply?
Mounir

Post by Mounir »

I am not applying anywhere, I am not even a UK citizen.
These questions were just out of curiosity as I'm interested to know about the different systems of education around the world.
I read somewhere that these interviews are not confined to private school or independent school admissions, popular grammar schools also hold interviews, is that correct ?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Mounir wrote:I read somewhere that these interviews are not confined to private school or independent school admissions, popular grammar schools also hold interviews, is that correct ?
No, state schools are not allowed to interview pupils.
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Mounir wrote:I am not applying anywhere, I am not even a UK citizen.
These questions were just out of curiosity as I'm interested to know about the different systems of education around the world.
I read somewhere that these interviews are not confined to private school or independent school admissions, popular grammar schools also hold interviews, is that correct ?
No Grammar schools don't interview - if you are abroad then you may not realise that not everywhere that is called a Grammar school is actually a selective state school. Some with "grammar" in the name are actually non selective and some are independent schools.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now