11 plus results medway

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
parent

11 plus results medway

Post by parent »

The cut off score deemed good enough for grammar schools this year was 503.
However lots of children seemed to have passed so what would be a good enough score to get your choosen 1st choice is there any way of knowing or is it just down to the local authority to allocate a school no matter what your preference using the excuse that only top scorers got their first choice.?????????

My child scored 590 out of possible 700 is there any way to tell if this is good enough.

Post by Guest »

If I remember rightly from last years admissions brochure (my son started at Grammar this year), it depends which school you have put as yor first choice. With the exception of Rainham Mark and Rochester Girls most of the Medway Grammars do not use test ranking as one of their admission criterias, so regardless of score it depends how you rank against the other criteria set.

If you are too far down the list against the criteria set and the school has reached its admission numbers, I believe you would be offered a space at an alternative Grammar if one was available.

This is exactly what happened to ourselves last year, we did not get our first choice, but we were offered out second choice of Grammar.
JO

Pass Mark

Post by JO »

Pass mark seems a bit low this year. I am in another part of Kent, do not get results until 2 March. Is this pass mark for other areas too? We were told to aim for about 120 out of 140 on all three papers approximately 86% 503 out of 700 is only about 100. Is this correct? Can someone let me know.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now