Go to navigation
It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:31 am 

Morning,

I have perhaps a very silly question: why are some brands allowed to be mentioned on the site and others not? A poster was looking for somewhere she could have a page of one type of Q to practise, rather than picking the Q type from whole papers. I tried to suggest something that we found helpful (removed by moderator) but it got the asterix asterix "the firm that must not be named" treatment.

Is there something I should avoid about these, hence the censoring of the name? I'm only concerned as companies I'm more familiar with (Letts, Bright Sparks etc) may be mentioned freely.

Many thanks, M

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:01 am 

Hi Mindset

Take a look at the forum rules, number 8

To maintain the highest quality of information on the Forum, mentions of 11+ preparation materials that are not available on this site are not permitted.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=148

Patricia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:16 am 

Ah, yes. Thanks.

I've noticed a couple of mistakes in them, but on the whole they've been useful. Seems a shame not to be able to answer the poster (even in a PM, as you can for 'quality unchecked' tutors) that what she's looking for is available, but she has to look elsewhere for it. But I understand the need for the forum not to become a trading place for all sorts of substandard homemade materials.

Thanks again, M

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:23 am 

patricia wrote:
Hi Mindset

Take a look at the forum rules, number 8

To maintain the highest quality of information on the Forum, mentions of 11+ preparation materials that are not available on this site are not permitted.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=148

Patricia

That seems a pity. The English papers we have been using, from a company you don't seem to stock in your shop, are by far the best I have seen on the market. They are specific to the CSSE style used in Essex and extremely good.