online exams

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

online exams

Post by ginx »

I assume there's no chance of the 11+ being online?
Amber

Re: ONLINE EXAMS

Post by Amber »

I fear I might have scared you, ginx, and I do apologise. :oops: I was only musing about how it might be policed to prevent children turning back to go over questions, as I am sure someone from Warwickshire told me this was the case there. I am sure that no change of this magnitude would be made without parents being informed well in advance so please stop worrying.

That said, lots of independent schools now use online testing and I imagine it is only a matter of time until the eleven plus heads that way too. Unless of course it is consigned to the wastelands of ancient history, in the place marked 'great educational disasters' where IMHO it deserves to be. :wink:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Amber, I think you might have misunderstood about the Warks exam ( and CEM exams in general): the exam is split into smaller timed sections for each area - so the timings are controlled for the children. If they have time left at the end of a section, they can go back and check the answers in that section only. They can't move onto the next section or go back and look at previous sections again.

Sorry, I am not being fussy. Just thought I would clarify in case someone gets worried by this. :D

UmSusu
UmSusu
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, Amber. I was worried - the 11+ is being held in a smaller school this year (no idea why unless there are less children taking the exam) and wondered if they had lots of computers there!

No need to apologise - I'm a bit dozy! It would be practically impossible and of course, we would be warned!

Ginx
Amber

Post by Amber »

Thanks, UmSusu...it's different here in Gloucestershire as the candidates can wander at will among the manifold delights of codes, missing letters, make-a -3 -letter- word questions; and dart back and forth with impunity, indulging their own personal preferences, checking and rechecking the whole, or the sum of the parts. :lol: I knew there was something different about Warwickshire, and that difference seemed to me to suggest a flaw in the plan of missing out particular sections. Because then you couldn't go back to them and would be, as they say, stuffed.

Glad to have sorted that one out, ginx...I would hate to be the cause of further worry at this ghastly time. Good luck to your DD.