Levels to pass 11+

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
carolinek1971

Levels to pass 11+

Post by carolinek1971 »

My daughter at the end of year 5 got a 5B in Maths & Reading & a 4A in English. If she did not pass the11+ exam, would she have a chance to get into GS through appeal (kent).
Thanks
janet71

Re: Levels to pass 11+

Post by janet71 »

From my understanding of the appeals you would need to argue your case, why the school was important eg sports facilities, music etc if your child love xyz and that school can offer that, i don't think academic ability is enough if they failed the test, one thing i am understanding also is your grading at school doesn't always reflect your ability to pass the test, my son has just done his familiarisation test and he said he found it easy yet some of his classmates who are 5a and 5b (higher than my ds) said they thought it was hard.
Stocky

Re: Levels to pass 11+

Post by Stocky »

Hi Caroline - I would read the appeals pages. I have only been through an oversubscription appeal, but there is some fantastic info on them and I have followed other's appeals whilst going through my own. With a non qualification appeal, the general gist is you have to prove academic ability (ideally with varied evidence to support this) and the new appeals code focuses on academic ability. If the school is also oversubscribed you have to also show why your reasons DC needs to go to that school outweigh the prejudice to the school, caused by admitting over PAN.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now