Do any GS or testcentres require proof of ID on exam day?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
marigold

Re: Do any GS or testcentres require proof of ID on exam day

Post by marigold »

A friend whose son sat the test in Essex a couple of years ago says that at least half the 800 or so boys queueing up outside the school on the morning of the test had moustaches. She was convinced that people were sending in older brothers ( if not uncles ) to take the test on their younger sons behalf.
I am sure this is libelous, but without photo ID, how on earth could you ensure this was not happening ?
Amber

Post by Amber »

John O'Farrell, May Contain Nuts. Mother sits 11+ for daughter. Very funny book.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I'll be watching for ten year olds with lady bumps at DD's exam on Saturday now!
Lah-Di-Dah

Post by Lah-Di-Dah »

Marigold, seeing as you dont have to be 11 to take the 11+ (scores are standardised), moustaches are not uncommon, even amongst the boys! I queried this myself a couple of years ago.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Very few candidates will be eleven. Most will only be ten years old. No moustaches on any of the Y6 boys in our primary school. Not uncommon, you say. Really?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Lah-Di-Dah wrote:Marigold, seeing as you dont have to be 11 to take the 11+ (scores are standardised), moustaches are not uncommon, even amongst the boys! I queried this myself a couple of years ago.
I have never seen a 10 year old with a moustache. :shock: Do they have beer bellies and tattoos as well?
Lah-Di-Dah

Post by Lah-Di-Dah »

Some of the candidates have been OVER TWELVE years old in the past. Whilst most ten year year olds are approaching puberty, over twelve year olds are in the throes.
I don't recall beer bellies and tattooes being part of puberty.
bravado

Post by bravado »

I digress slightly but entering older "ringers" is allegedly common in our hobby too and we actually saw a couple disqualified a few years back.

Once a year, there's a h-u-g-e international competition held in England - it's highly prestigious and places in finals are highly sought after. We'd often heard tales of finalists from a certain nation in the 12 - 15 years category, allegedly being seen in the car park afterwards, driving off in their hire cars :lol: One always takes it with a pinch of salt, unless one sees it oneself. However, we were sat in amongst this nation, a few years ago, somehow this is where our allotted tickets were. One couple, having completed their round, came and sat back in their seats - we must admit we were a little bemused to see that they were in the under 12 category when they were very tall and didn't move like your average under 12 child. The girl walked off somewhere, leaving the boy to talk to the coach. Three stewards came rushing up and there was an exchange of words, followed by lots of hand gestures in order to better "communicate" lol! Everyone was looking for the girl and the tenacious stewards weren't going to be put off by the stonewalling. Well, we didn't see them in the next round - one could say that they obviously had some issues with maths and counting - especially around their birthdays :lol:
The lengths some people will go to... :evil:
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Lol Amber, I was thinking about that book too!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now