Go to navigation
It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:18 pm 
I have just discovered that the national allocation day for 2008 is 3rd March. That means we will have to wait 3 days longer than last years applicants to know whether our offspring have passed the dratted exams and which school they have been allocated!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:00 pm 
This is probably because the 1 & 2 March fall on a weekend, so unable to post any earlier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:03 pm 
but I'm simply speaking for Kent, who usually ost out results on 1 March, to arrive on 2 March. However, if you submit your application online, it may be available to be viewed on the 1st.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:26 pm 
You are quite correct; the change is because of the weekend. On line applications can be reviewed on 4th March - so no real advantage in terms of time to applying on line

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:30 pm 

It's also LEAP YEAR - so 29 days to wait in February - i think you will need to join us in rehab ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:31 pm 
Aaaaaaggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:15 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
You are quite correct; the change is because of the weekend. On line applications can be reviewed on 4th March - so no real advantage in terms of time to applying on line

Why 4th March for online? This year the online result (Essex) was there on 1 March, before 09:00 hrs. No need to wait for the email (which arrived at 18:10) or post! I assume that for it to appear before 0900 on 1 March, it must have been updated prior to that and perhaps scheduled to auto-update after midnight, 28 February?

I would advise anyone to apply online. I am so glad we did. No nail-biting wait for the postman or constantly staring at in-box for email. Just use your log-on given when you apply and the allocation result will be there.

If it all becomes too much - REHAB will be there for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:19 am 
Quote:
Why 4th March for online? This year the online result (Essex) was there on 1 March, before 09:00 hrs.

Lucky you in Essex! In London this year results were posted out on 1st March for receipt on ?2nd. On-line results available from the 2nd. This year results are to be posted out on the 3rd for receipt on the 4th and on-line viewing from 9am on 4th. The advantage of on-line is our postman doesn't come until 11am!