What's so wrong with State schools?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yoyo123

Re: What's so wrong with State schools?

Post by yoyo123 »

Maybe time to remember that grammar schools are state schools?
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

silverysea wrote:My DD came home yesterday first day back after long break and said the teachers had all returned, I joked that they hadn't managed to consign any to the loony bin yet-she said it was natural selection and only the tough nuts were left- though they have made two supply teachers cry this year so far.
We got rid of quite a few with nervous breakdowns in my time at school, mostly music teachers and RE teachers. One of them thoroughly deserved it though, I still consider the accordion an utterly creepy instrument.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I remember we gave a student teacher a hard time but actually she was OK, when it came to a lesson where her tutor was sitting in we all behaved perfectly ... she looked really stunned but was very grateful!
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

We finished off a poor Latin teacher. Somehow he thought he was applying to the associated boys school but ended up at the girls GS. He wore a tweed suit and said he was 'chaste' which led to the inevitable 'by who sir?' Poor guy was in his early 20s from some remote Scottish location and was not ready for us :D :D :D
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

I struggle to imagine the context in which a Latin teacher informs his class that he is chaste! Do tell...
ginx

Post by ginx »

I can remember the class throwing sherbert pips at our maths teacher when his back was turned ... he eventually left. :oops: He just couldn't cope. There were only 15 of us in the class.

That was at a private school and we weren't 11, we were 14. :oops:
KS10

Post by KS10 »

A PGCE student had a tough time with our A Level Economics class. He couldn't spell and one (usually well-behaved) girl made his life an absolute misery. She would deride his inability to spell and call him 'monkey face'. I still don't understand how she got away with it.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Samlet wrote:I struggle to imagine the context in which a Latin teacher informs his class that he is chaste! Do tell...
we were a bunch of 15yr old girls asking him if he had a girlfriend - this was his answer. More fool him.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now