11 plus books for 2014

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

scary mum

Re: 11 plus in 2014 in bucks books.

Post by scary mum »

Marylou wrote:I'm just intrigued as to how the OP came by the information - it's so specific and is worded as though it's common knowledge, i.e. printed in a syllabus somewhere! :?
These rumours spring up in the playground. Someone probably said that in some other 11 plus elsewhere they had once used this book. I must admit when I answered the OP originally I assumed there was some confusion with another area.
scary mum
nan

Re: 11 plus books for 2014

Post by nan »

Hi,
These assumptions seems frightening. It is quite simple actually. When talked to somebody, they said this book is a good one and the old version is a good one to practice. Never read the book before. That's why I wanted to know your views.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Oh shame. We thought you had some secret knowledge. I would have thought the best version was the one the author wrote?
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mystery wrote:Oh shame. We thought you had some secret knowledge. I would have thought the best version was the one the author wrote?
The original version - now that would be "Der Schweizerische Robinson", as written by Johann David Wyss. I can see a bit of a problem there. :wink:
Marylou
mystery

Post by mystery »

:D Ah I remember that I learned the most English grammar when learning German. Also, looking up the German words in a good dictionary would be good for English vocabulary development. Probably if one spent the year learning German and reading s.f.r. In German no other 11plus prep apart from some maths would be needed.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

True - probably one of the best arguments I've heard for teaching children foreign languages is that it helps them to learn more about their own language. :)
Marylou
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now