Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:53 am 

Nowadays my daughter is sometimes repeating few papers in verbal/ non verbal. I'm noticing the papers like BOND where she achieved about 93% previously, second time she is getting around 90%. Moreover she is exactly repeating the same mistakes as before with one or two additional mistakes. Does that mean when I discussed the mistakes and corrected those, its not been registered to her brain? Some of the mistakes she herself corrects within a few seconds while discussing even before I understand the question and try to solve it.
Is it because she is loosing concentration? Is it time for a short break? Any advice on how to get back her concentration. Is a break good enough to bring back her motivation, if so for how long?

Post subject: Concentration
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:53 pm 
Hi, We in NI sit a different format, but I noticed a break every now and again definitely helped improve scores.

Hope this helps.

Post subject: regression
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:56 am 

Hi Mum

I noticed that my child who was getting for example 85% 'ish in his test went down to 40% last week. After advice I have backed off a bit but gosh I am panicking :(

I am sure a break will do him good but his tests on Saturday and I so want him to do some before.

Anyway good luck