Nearer the exam - loosing concentration....

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum

Nearer the exam - loosing concentration....

Post by mum »

Nowadays my daughter is sometimes repeating few papers in verbal/ non verbal. I'm noticing the papers like BOND where she achieved about 93% previously, second time she is getting around 90%. Moreover she is exactly repeating the same mistakes as before with one or two additional mistakes. Does that mean when I discussed the mistakes and corrected those, its not been registered to her brain? Some of the mistakes she herself corrects within a few seconds while discussing even before I understand the question and try to solve it.
Is it because she is loosing concentration? Is it time for a short break? Any advice on how to get back her concentration. Is a break good enough to bring back her motivation, if so for how long?
mum
Tired Mummy

Concentration

Post by Tired Mummy »

Hi, We in NI sit a different format, but I noticed a break every now and again definitely helped improve scores.

Hope this helps.
ITBarbie

regression

Post by ITBarbie »

Hi Mum

I noticed that my child who was getting for example 85% 'ish in his test went down to 40% last week. After advice I have backed off a bit but gosh I am panicking :(

I am sure a break will do him good but his tests on Saturday and I so want him to do some before.

Anyway good luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now