Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: GL assessment papers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:06 am 

I've just returned from a shopping expedition to try and buy some GL assessment papers, to give me some idea of the standard of the questions. When I was there, I was overwhelmed by the choice of papers and whether m/c or standard format. It made me wish I'd paid more attention to the millions of threads I've read, but now can't find, on which papers I should get. :roll:

So, please can someone advise me which GL papers I should buy. I think I will probably need m/c format, as I believe that's the usual method for Kent??

Post subject: Re: GL assessment papers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:43 am 

Panic not fatbananas. I was like that last summer, walked into WHS and almost came out crying with frustration and confusion. In the end I got them from Amazon and even paying delivery they worked out cheaper and I would certainly recommend using them.

There are two GL packs for each of Maths, VR and NVR and last year's Kent test was certainly multiple choice. Just go onto Amazon and type in GL Assessment and all the 11+ multi choice practice papers pop up - just tried it for you and they are still there.

Mind you please remember the Kent test is changing - don't know when your dc is taking it. See the Kent section on here.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:56 am 

Thanks Doodles! I was beginning to think I was the only person on EPE this morning. Never have I felt SO lonely! :lol:

Just looked on Amazon. So, I should avoid the variety packs and just get the dedicated subject packs? I think it was the variety packs that confused me.

I have the same problem in the crisp and chocolate sections of the supermarket.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 am 

I need things in sections :oops: so the multi packs just confused me!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 am 

Great - have bought the separate ones. Thank you! DS not sitting this year and I think it is likely to change next year, but I just wanted to get an idea of the standard required.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:58 am 

Yes you've bought the right thing - multiple choice. And the new test is definitely also multiple choice (if it happens). Still hoping to hear by 31 July if they have changed test supplier or not, and even if they have not changed supplier, if they are have modified the test to the requirements of the tender specification or simply renewed the old contract with GL.