2013 starting to stress

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MadMum.com

2013 starting to stress

Post by MadMum.com »

Is anyone else starting to feel the pressure and stress?

My dd was doing well and progressing quiet well but the last two weeks results have been between 48-60% in maths and around 60% in the other areas.

I don't think it helps that her hormones seem to have truly come with avengance.

What should I do? And how is everyone else coping?
TIDDLYMUM

Re: 2013 starting to stress

Post by TIDDLYMUM »

Same here back in 2009!!! I know it's hard but ease back for a couple of days..... Don"t even mention it- then re introduce slowly. Worked for us. Good luck x
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

I have sent my dd off to guide camp for four days :D the break is helping me and I hope her :lol: Our scores were going downwards for english and VR so it is nice to let it take a back seat for a few days.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
loonymum

Post by loonymum »

Oh I had a big wobble yesterday, and suddenly starting thinking I haven't done enough to prepare DD, and we are quickly running out of time.

I am so glad I have joined this forum and can see its natural to have a little stress. DD has done the work and we are still doing work in holidays, but she is still doing other activities so she is very calm and laidback unlike me!
MadMum.com

Post by MadMum.com »

So glad I'm not alone. We went away for the weekend and I hoped this week would be better but it hasn't at the moment.

The issue I have is my dd has decided that the only school she wants to go to is a super selective which is right on our doorstep. She is also a September child so she won't be receiving any extra points from what I have been told.

Hopefully it will pass otherwise October could be a very bad month!
mum38

Post by mum38 »

Just a question (if that's ok) do all entrance test give extra points depending on what month the child is born and how does one find this out ?
future

Post by future »

As far as I am aware, they all covert the 'raw' score to a standardized score to make it a level playing field.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Our school DAO just does the VR. some schools do all the exams, others just the VR so it is worth checking on the website. DG
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think the question was, are any points added - any that adjust for age will standardise, not add or deduct points.
scary mum
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

scary mum wrote:I think the question was, are any points added - any that adjust for age will standardise, not add or deduct points.
The Essex GSs in general do not weight for age but CCHS in Essex is doing CEM exams for the first time this year and this will be weighted for age. Not sure what happens in other regions.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now