Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:35 pm 

Hi All
I diy'd with dd1 but she did not get in to our local selective school. However the decision to try with dd1 was easy. She is very conscientious, academic and listens to what you tell her. DD2 is in year 4. She is also able but very headstrong, boisterous and lacks patience. She says she would like to try the exam but finds it difficult to concentrate on one thing for too long. She enjoys more practical tasks. I cant imagine her sitting for long periods of time doing loads VR papers or any papers! I know the exam is extremely tough and will require a lot of work. But I cant decide if DD2 is ready or if it is right for her. How did you all decide that your child was capable or ready for 11plus?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:06 am 

Your dd2 sounds like my dd1 except we only have a year to go. I just assume that at school they have to sit and work in silence from time to time for 45mins, so by the time close to the exam she will be ready to practice like that, and in the meantime we can cover what might be needed in 15 mins or so at a time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:22 am 

In my opinion it is simply wanting to go to the school. If they have that goal then the rest becomes very straightforward. I work with very lively football mad boys but they also want to go to certain schools and are prepared to work very hard to get there. Take her to the school and create within her a desire to go there. DG