Birth rate

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Natalie74

Birth rate

Post by Natalie74 »

Hi sorry this isn't linked to the 11+ hope that's ok? As well as looking for a senior school (hopefully grammar) place for my DS, I am also looking for a primary school for my DD. As my son is due to leave this year she won't be allocated a sibling place where she is currently and I think we live too far away .

Just wondered if anyone had a link to 'birth rates for the intake of children due to start primary school (reception) in Sept 2014.' She was born in 2009.
loopylou

Re: Birth rate

Post by loopylou »

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablo ... land-wales

This article is about 2009 in particular.
It has links about the statistics for previous years too
The overall message: slight dip compared to 2008 but still much higher than 10 years previously
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Oh thank you so much. I've been trying to look for some kind of graph for the Birmingham area. I just couldn't seem to find anything. Thank you for helping me. X
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Try this for Birmingham specific figures.
Natalie74

Post by Natalie74 »

Oh my gosh. You're a star! Thank you x
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Anyone got numbers for Bucks and Berks for 2003-4 birthdates - split by boys and girls?

Can you post a link if you do? I have tried - and failed :( to find these!!

Thanks!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Okanagan wrote:These will you give you totals birth each year by local authority (Table 7.1)
Birth statistics, England and Wales (Series FM1) - No. 33, 2004
Birth statistics, England and Wales (Series FM1) - No. 32, 2003
Many thanks!! Do you know where I could find the males/female split by county? I did flick through all the tables but couldn't see this. Thanks again :)
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Booklady wrote:Do you know where I could find the males/female split by county? I did flick through all the tables but couldn't see this. Thanks again :)
You could try this one (it's the Mid-2012-unformatted-syoa-data-file you want) which would give you the estimated number of people of each age and sex for each local authority area as at the middle of 2012 (which is probably closer to school years cohorts than the by year of birth data would be anyway). It will take a little effort to pull out Berkshire at it doesn't seem to be listed by county (Bucks is) but it would give you a fairly good idea of the age profile.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Okanagan wrote:
Booklady wrote:Do you know where I could find the males/female split by county? I did flick through all the tables but couldn't see this. Thanks again :)
You could try this one (it's the Mid-2012-unformatted-syoa-data-file you want) which would give you the estimated number of people of each age and sex for each local authority area as at the middle of 2012 (which is probably closer to school years cohorts than the by year of birth data would be anyway). It will take a little effort to pull out Berkshire at it doesn't seem to be listed by county (Bucks is) but it would give you a fairly good idea of the age profile.
Fabulous - that did it! And gave some very encouraging results from my perspective! Thanks for your help Okanagan :)