Which Schools are considered Superselective

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rob Clark

Re: Which Schools are considered Superselective

Post by Rob Clark »

no car design surely Loughborough University the best in that field

It may be in terms of reputation, JSN, but the F1 teams recruit predominantly from Oxford Brookes – it's a classic, if very specific, example of where looking beyond the 'best' university may pay dividends…

The reason is two-fold: Red Bull, Williams, McLaren, Mercedes and Force India are all located in the area so it's easy, well relatively, to get placements at them. And secondly the university has an F1-specced test rig :D
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Rob Clark wrote:
no car design surely Loughborough University the best in that field

It may be in terms of reputation, JSN, but the F1 teams recruit predominantly from Oxford Brookes – it's a classic, if very specific, example of where looking beyond the 'best' university may pay dividends…

The reason is two-fold: Red Bull, Williams, McLaren, Mercedes and Force India are all located in the area so it's easy, well relatively, to get placements at them. And secondly the university has an F1-specced test rig :D
I just called ds2 (at home on inset day) in from the woods, just to tell him this.....He is sold! He has been to red bull as well, because of a friend of dh making some bits for them. :D

Roll on 7 years, and I bet he will be doing philosophy or something completely different, but it is refreshing to hear the praises of somewhere that is not in the Russel group, and the racing car industry in this country is as healthy as can be!
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

I should perhaps hasten to add that I know absolutely nothing about Oxford Brookes as a university, either positive or negative. I do, however, know a fair bit about F1 :D
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Rob Clark wrote:I should perhaps hasten to add that I know absolutely nothing about Oxford Brookes as a university, either positive or negative. I do, however, know a fair bit about F1 :D
Are you Nigel Mansel? If so you used to live just down the road from us! :lol: :lol:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Yamin151 wrote:
Rob Clark wrote:I should perhaps hasten to add that I know absolutely nothing about Oxford Brookes as a university, either positive or negative. I do, however, know a fair bit about F1 :D
Are you Nigel Mansel? If so you used to live just down the road from us! :lol: :lol:
Ha ha ha! I was at school when he lived there, Yamin! Never saw him ... Bergerac (John Nettles) also lived in the town and was often spotted in the High Street :lol:

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:
Ha ha ha! I was at school when he lived there, Yamin! Never saw him ... Bergerac (John Nettles) also lived in the town and was often spotted in the High Street :lol:

JD
Perhaps you should consider moving back this way

http://www.buypoachersretreat.co.uk/pro ... tures.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now