Grammar Schools Ranking in London/Greater London Please

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
VanillaLatte

Grammar Schools Ranking in London/Greater London Please

Post by VanillaLatte »

Can you give links to the latest tables for London/Greater London please? I am interested where exactly Bromley/Bexley schools are standing in the lists as I am looking to relocate and this will be my main criteria. Thanks.
scary mum

Re: Grammar Schools Ranking in London/Greater London Please

Post by scary mum »

I'm not sure it's wise to use them as your main criteria. It's a very blunt tool.
scary mum
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

VanillaLatte wrote:Can you give links to the latest tables for London/Greater London please? I am interested where exactly Bromley/Bexley schools are standing in the lists as I am looking to relocate and this will be my main criteria. Thanks.
If league table ranking is your main criteria, then how about St. Pauls, Westminster, City of London etc. Eton if looking outside London. Among State Schools, QE Barnet, Wilson's, Tiffins rank quite high.
Amber

Post by Amber »

VanillaLatte wrote:Can you give links to the latest tables for London/Greater London please? I am interested where exactly Bromley/Bexley schools are standing in the lists as I am looking to relocate and this will be my main criteria. Thanks.
Seriously? Wow. Agree with scary - not the best way to choose where you want to live.
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

search google for ft rankings, telegraph and also bbc. But this is a vague tool if you want to relocate.

To answer your question....top of my head, the top grammar schools (also called super-selectives) that show up in top 100 incl private are:
QE
Olave's
DGS
Judd
Wilson
Sutton
Tiffin

Other Bexley schools (Bexley/Beth/Townley/Sidcup) are fairly low ranked 500ish as per FT.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Outcomes and league table position are directly linked to intake; the more selective school tend to get better results!

However it is also more difficult to gain entry to such schools.
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

Amber wrote:
Seriously? Wow. Agree with scary - not the best way to choose where you want to live.
Sorry, I am forced to relocate as the primary school where DS and DD are going is awful. There are no excellent schools near where I live, so at least for secondary I would like to be in the catchment. If this is what you are asking. In general yes, this is the main criteria, next one is travel options and house prices. Of course, I cannot afford to to live in City of London, otherwise would not ask?

Thank you for all who answered my questions.
VanillaLatte

Post by VanillaLatte »

parent2013 wrote:search google for ft rankings, telegraph and also bbc. But this is a vague tool if you want to relocate.

To answer your question....top of my head, the top grammar schools (also called super-selectives) that show up in top 100 incl private are:
QE
Olave's
DGS
Judd
Wilson
Sutton
Tiffin

Other Bexley schools (Bexley/Beth/Townley/Sidcup) are fairly low ranked 500ish as per FT.
Thank you for that. All I am asking is if Bexley/Bromley/Sidcups are giving good education and is it worth to relocate more close to them or just completely go in different area. I have heard only positives (do not know many parents where I live) from different sources and after the bag primary would like to prepare DS for a grammar. I am aware that the tables are not very clear and that is the reason why I seek feedback. Know that north Ln schools are very high ranked, which means that I have to move completely far from Bromley.
Where I am coming from there are not 'bag' schools and areas, only really good and then private prestige ones.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

VanillaLatte wrote: Where I am coming from there are not 'bag' schools and areas, only really good and then private prestige ones.
What is the need to move if your area has really good schools?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tiffinboys wrote:
VanillaLatte wrote: Where I am coming from there are not 'bag' schools and areas, only really good and then private prestige ones.
What is the need to move if your area has really good schools?
Don't think the OP is talking about their current location - like everywhere in Greater London (or the UK generally), Bromley is pretty diverse...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now