Anybody willing to knock up some paper CEM Mock exams???

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
onebigdilemma

Re: Anybody willing to knock up some paper CEM Mock exams???

Post by onebigdilemma »

I know I have not contributed but would be grateful for any help in leading my boys in the right direction x
catwoman

Post by catwoman »

Count me in sonasona... i will send you my bits and pieces early next week as i am away (yes still on the forum while i am away) could you pm your e-mail to me so i know where to send my bits...great idea :D
aim4kendrick

Post by aim4kendrick »

Great idea. Count me in. Let me know if you need any help.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I'm currently away on business for a couple of days but I'm reading my emails and private messages as I can. I'm not ignoring anyone.....I'm hearing you all and I've got to say I'm overwhelmed by the support and content you guys are giving. I'm really pleased we did this and sure it will be a worthwhile exercise. I aim to come back to you all by Friday. I'm preparing what I think is the necessary content for CEM and will put this to the club too and then we can plug any gaps.

Thanks
Sona
nerdydad

Post by nerdydad »

Great idea ... Please pm me your email I'd and I will work on sending a set through.
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

Good morning,

I should have by now acknowledged/replied to each of your emails you sent me. I'm over the moon with what we have so far.....we are a 30+ strong crew and I couldn't thank you all enough 8)

I'm now working though all of my Pms and will be allocating tasks trying to fit in all your preferences. Apologies if I've left anyone off and please do not hesitate to pm me.

Sona
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I have today starting asking individuals to carry out certain tasks, if you've not heard from me don't worry, you will soon....I have a lot to get through.

Just a couple of things you've asked which I've tried to answer in the pms.....

I would like all material returned to me by the end of April.
Myself and a few others will then collate and put the tests together.
A very kind parent has emailed me number of questions per section from one of last years CEM papers so will use that to gauge questions per section/topic.
We have knowledge within the group of the 2 major tuition groups in South England so that can only be a good thing!
We are fortunate in that we have had existing Kendrick & Abbey school girls offer to road test the papers before we circulate.
I'll only be distributing the completed papers to those who have contributed by the end of April......it's only fair to those that have put the effort in.

Club membership will officially close by the end of the Easter Bank holiday Monday, after that we can't accept any new members, this will enable me to conncentrate on delivering what we set out to do.

I'm very grateful to those of you who have tirelessly been sending through your material and also to those that have committed to producing material.

Sona
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Admire all your work on this....
Just one question....can you not use the commercial CEM mock tests, there are CGP CEM tests and just out today Bond CEM 11+ tests?
sonasona

Post by sonasona »

I'm sorry I don't get you.....we are working extremely hard creating our own material and I've said right from the beginning we will not use any commercially available material.

I'm fortunate to have the backing of experienced professionals and am confident we will succeed..........Parent Power :lol:

We are very aware of what's out there, what's good and what's useless.

I appreciate your admiration :)

Sona
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

sonasona wrote:I'm sorry I don't get you.....we are working extremely hard creating our own material and I've said right from the beginning we will not use any commercially available material.

I'm fortunate to have the backing of experienced professionals and am confident we will succeed..........Parent Power :lol:

We are very aware of what's out there, what's good and what's useless.

I appreciate your admiration :)

Sona
Haven't read all the posts but my understanding was that you were doing this because you didn't think there were any CEM mock tests out there...my apologies. Hope you create something you are happy with. I will stick to what's out there as in my opinion it's very good material. Good luck with your venture though
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now