Today's the day

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mel

Post by Mel »

<http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get//asse ... ofiles.pdf>

Here's the link to the Bucks website where it is in print- hope it works!!

Mel
Connie

Still no news this is torture

Post by Connie »

My postman came - NO allocation letter. Tried the sorting office and the local LEA. The response was 'You will get it soon Dear' Arrrgh. I have taken a day and a half off work to no avail. My son cried when he heard there was no letter and unbeliveably the school passed on a message from one parent that they had got in to a Grammar during the school day!!! This made it doubly hard to say to my son that his letter had not arrived. I am in bits, everyone of my friends and I mean everyone has heard, what if it is not here tomorrow? Going to work tomorrow so its off to the sorting office for me at 7.00am and there was me thinking that anyone that went to the sorting office to get the letter was v. sad. A lesson learnt the hard way. GOOD LUCK to anyone still waiting for results.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mel

Cannot find the web page, I have 'played ' with the details, losing my touch! Can you look again and put it into the Bucks section, thanks

Patricia
forumadmin
Site Admin

Link to Bucks allocation profile

Post by forumadmin »

ALLOCATION PROFILE FOR BUCKINGHAMSHIRE SECONDARY SCHOOLS
SEPTEMBER 2006 ADMISSION

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/get/asset ... ofiles.pdf

Bournemouth

Post by Guest »

I let my son open the envelope (he wanted to) but I received a welcome pack from the grammar in the same post so I already knew.
I was planning to steam the thing open otherwise (although the LEA had put celetape on the envelope anyway?!)
Mel 1

At last

Post by Mel 1 »

Hello Patricia

Just had to let you know that my wonderful little boy will be going to
'John Hampden'

I can't tell you how pleased we are. My husband and I still cannot believe it. We didnt get the chance to take an 11+ as although both of our mums are just fab we were both brought up by 'mum' only and 11+ was not something they would of been familiar with. It is because of this that we are just so proud. Our whole family is, especially as my son is the first to achieve this.

You know Patrica when my husband and I looked aropund JH last year and we listened to the Head Teachers speech and met with some of the lovely boys I remember my husband saying how he couldn't beleive his son could end up at such a wonderful school and yet here we are it is actually happening.

I know I am waffling on but I am so happy I want to keep telling people and some are probably fed up of listening to me.

There we are I am dead chuffed!!

Well done to everyone and just a note to those who did not get the outcoem they wanted.
With all of the support you parents all show your children they are bound to be successful in what ever school they attend.
Good luck to ALL of the children!

Patricia

On a sadder note my friend whose son passed the Slough test aswell has been offered Herschel but not Burnham Grammar which is what they put down as first choice. By all accounts our head teacher has told her that about 20 children from our school did not get first choice with no explanation. Do you have any advice I can give he. She is really fed up as only out Herscel down because the done the test and so she wanted a safety net in case he did not pass the Bucks. he passed both but it has now proved to be detrimental to him.

Mel 1
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now