stressed child

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Have been worrying about you all weekend [ see REHAB - worrying is my job!] and trust that Saturday went OK.
At a crossroads

Post by At a crossroads »

Ah. How sweet of you.
Well, he thinks it went really well. Spent the rest of the day really grumpy and wound up though! The treat he chose for after the test was to go out for a meal. We chilled out for a while at home then went out to a place of his choosing. It was a disaster as he was so tense. I won't make that mistake again. I think he would have been better doing some exercise to release the tension!!
He is convinced that he has passed however so I just hope that the school of choice admits above their PAN as they did last year.
Also we have been en famille to look around some independent schools recently and have been rather impressed but this would require my son to receive a scholarship so I am not sure this is wise.
doasido!

Post by doasido! »

Do as I do.Help your child..
Ways to reduce stress...We all know all the different techniques but very few know the following
A..Apples and Almonds,Aloe Vera juice
B..Beetroots and Black Olives,vitamin B(stress vitamin)
C..Cilantro leaves,Cayenne pepper(with fresh tomatoes,watercress plus/minus Avocado ,Raisins.COD LIVER OIL.LESS MEAT,MORE FISH.
JAM:only blueberries and pomegranate jam.NO JUNK FOOD.Tell your child,carbohydrates make your brain sleep while proteins wake your brain.Use these in creating your family menu,remembering your five a day.Never forget your ginger.ALOE VERA GEL VERY USEFUL.
Exercise involve whole family,Music Music.
Brainstorm your brain and practise Songwriting.Then take it to your keyboard or piano.
Lots of prayer!Tell your child to dream big.Positive thinking.
sausage

Post by sausage »

I would be very tempted to ask my GP for a referral to CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Health Services) for some professional advice and therapy to help your son, and all of you, with ways to tackle his worries.
mumster

Post by mumster »

Dear Crossroads
Have just been reading through your posts and replies and my thoughts are sincerely with you and your family at this time. Thankfully the hardest bit is over for your child now and it's just the long wait.
Our 11+ exams are at the end of Nov/beg Dec and my daughter has to sit a separate one for a selective school (this school she is not keen on at all). When we visited the Grammar school of our first choice she absolutely fell in love with it and coming out was adament she was going to work hard to pass her 11+ because she really wanted to go here. Then we went to visit her form teacher & headteacher who told us that she had scored amongst the highest in the practice papers and as far as they were concerned she is more than capable of passing her 11+. Again, when we told her what had been said she was absolutely ecstatic and said she'd put in the hard work, eat fish etc - and she is doing all of this in a calm and collected manner. She doesn't seem to be panicking or getting stressed at all - hoping that there isn't an explosion at some point. Whilst I completely agree with the 11+ exams (because at the end of the day we all want our children to have the best education possible) it's a very hard and stressful period for both parents and particularly the children.
Sorry if I've gone off the track a bit but as I said above, thinking of you and hope all goes well.
Kind regards
Mumster