Bond practice CEM Papers- have you tried?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MamaBear

Bond practice CEM Papers- have you tried?

Post by MamaBear »

Hi

Has anyone tried the Bond Practice Test Papers. They are specifically designed for the CEM and its multiple choice.
Ds2 tried it and found it really hard, he got 65%
Sunshine 11

Re: Bond practice CEM Papers- have you tried?

Post by Sunshine 11 »

Yes DD does bond and CGP. Bond is just used as a little top up. I wouldn't solely rely on these. Any practice is good though. :)
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
gameon

Post by gameon »

I think they are pretty hard. We only did one paper and got about 60%. He really slipped in the vocabulary but made it up in Maths and NVR.

CGP CEM papers have similar difficulty. I am planning to repeat these papers just before the exams.
mumof2bexley

Post by mumof2bexley »

I've got these but not tried yet, they do look hard though. We've tried the CGP CEM ones and dd did better on them than expected. Have you tried the CGP CEM ones? Which ones do people find harder? My dd scored best on maths, NVR and comprehension, weakest area is verbal.
What sort of marks do your children score on bond papers or GL papers, the single subject ones?
I also think timing is going to be tight on the Bond tests, did your children finish them in time?
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

ds2 found the cgp cem papers easier. Yes he finished the Bond in time but he missed out so many questions!
Sunshine 11

Post by Sunshine 11 »

I wouldn't focus too much on their scores at the moment, just praise them for having a go. For VR we are still building vocab, and the papers are great for this. We have a vocab book to note down new words. My DD is strongest in VR and weakest in maths. Scores vary paper to paper, sometimes 80% and sometimes 60%. But they are all going to have their strengths and weaknesses, still lots of time to practice. :)
Sunshine 11
Que sera, sera
mumof2bexley

Post by mumof2bexley »

Dd tried the first bond cem paper 1a and scored 69% the verbal section being her weakest. Also, there is a section where you are given letters of a word and 3 letters missing, she found this hard - but my thinking is the real test is all m/c so at least there would be possibilities to try, so could be easier. She is an avid reader and fine with meaning of words in context but out of context is the tricky part. She normally scores much higher 80/90% so just wondering if people's children are scoring lower than normal on these papers? What sections do others find hard and how do you help them?
motion

Post by motion »

mumof2bexley wrote: What sections do others find hard and how do you help them?
The Long Maths and Data Section in the second pack was extremely hard (time wise). 8 Minutes to do 20 maths questions!! Even most of us won't be able to do this. So imagine each question 24 seconds per questions.

Regards
motion
relaxedMum77

Post by relaxedMum77 »

Hi, i'm totally new..my DS will sit his 11 plus tomorrow and i am so nervous for him!!! He is the only child in his school that hasn't had a private Tutor :? I have used the Bond books over the summer and DS has struggled to finish each one within the time specified (mainly done the assessments) He has been achieving anywhere between 75%-95% on them (VR, NVR & Maths). Does anyone know if his lower end is likely to achieve him a pass? :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now