Transport to John Hampden Grammar School from Uxbridge

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Avik Gupta

Transport to John Hampden Grammar School from Uxbridge

Post by Avik Gupta »

I live in Uxbridge and my son has got into John Hampden Grammar School. Whats the best way of getting there by public transport? Would any other parents be interested in arranging a pool car or private bus/taxi from/to Uxbridge?
Tbh

Re: Transport to John Hampden Grammar School from Uxbridge

Post by Tbh »

Hi ,

This post seems 2014 and may be during that time OOC Uxbridge students were offered seats.
What transport did you arrange?

Thank you
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

The OP last visited in 2015 so their child will have left school last year.
How far are you as the crow flies? I can't imagine anyone has got in from Uxbridge for some years. Have you looked at the previous allocations?
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Information on the subject petered out here...

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/fo ... 41102
Avik Gupta wrote: Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:31 pm Hi i just saw in the Bucks website that the A40 bus will no longer go to Marlow Hills bus stop. I'm really nervous at this sudden change. Does anyone have any more information? What do our boys do now, my Son travels from Uxbridge with four others and many JHGS boys get up at Denham. Gerrards Cross and Beaconsfield? We rely on it so much not sure what the rationale is behind this. Would be grateful if anyone knows what alternatives are available. Thank You.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now