11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

CONGRATULATIONS Essex Mum and Mel !!!!!

Well done!!

Footymad :wink:
Bill

Post by Bill »

Found out yesterday that my daughter has got into her 1st choice school - Southend High. We're delighted for her.

Congratulations to all those who have received good news! My thoughts are also with those who have received disappointing news - I hope things work out okay for your children in the end.

Thanks very much to all who have contributed to this website. I've learnt a lot from it and will be recommending it to others.

Bill
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

CONGRATULATIONS to you and you're daughter Bill
For gaining a place at Southend High

Well Done!!

Footymad :wink:
Bill

Post by Bill »

Cheers, Footymad. Congratulations to you too :D ! I've enjoyed reading all your posts.

Bill
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Thanks Bill :wink:

It was a scary rollercoaster ride for us!!!!

Finding out in November that she'd passed the 11+, then the agonising wait until March 1st to see if she'd managed it!!

It all worked out though :o

My condolences to all out there who were not so lucky :cry:

All the best for their future.

Footymad xx.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi Mel and Bill,

I am really pleased for you. Best wishes for your daughters in Southend High and Beaconsfield High.

Catherine
HP

Post by HP »

Its lovely to see the successes coming in.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS

to KE Mum, Essex Mum, Chad, Mel and Bill. Very Best wishes to you all and your children in their new secondary schools. When you've watched them work so hard for something its lovely to see the rewards now. :P

A special note to Sally-Anne,

All on this forum have been so supportive but you have been the most amazing, magnanimous person I have come across, just about anywhere. Felt really touched when I read this in one of your posts

When the letter drops through our door tomorrow morning offering my son a place at a totally inappropriate upper school I shall burn it ceremonially and think of you all! Good luck to all those hoping to frame their letters instead - may all your picture frames be full.

Sally-Anne

Despite your own disappointment you have managed to send congrats and well done to all of us.

I feel very, very humbled.

So glad to read that you are heading for the 12 + and I will continue to follow this forum so please keep us in touch.

You have my heartfelt best wishes for your son's future.

HP
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

HP

I am embarrassed by your lovely words! It is so kind of you.

It was really hard for us and our son in December & January, and that's why I am so committed to trying to help others on the forum. However, we've had 3 months to come to terms with the situation, and we have really moved on. There are all sorts of good things that have turned up to help my son to cope with the disappointment.

Yesterday was, of course, allocation day for all his friends, and yet he came home from school chattering quite happily about where they're all going and didn't even mention his own results. I raised it with him later and he really has accepted the situation. He has had great support from the teachers, who have praised him whenever there has been an opportunity, and gone out of their way to tell me how well he is doing.

We are obviously very lucky indeed to have the chance to leave him at his current school for an assault on the 12+, but I hope our experience shows that children are really very resilient, and a failure in one test is not the damnation of a child's whole future.

I'm glad to be able to help other people - the more everyone knows about the system, the more relaxed they can be about it for themselves and their children. And I find it far more interesting than my emails!

Sally-Anne
HP

Post by HP »

Sally-Anne,

What a wonderful ethos you have. Now I'm even more in awe.

HP
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

HP, you're making me blush! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sally-Anne