WHEN TO STOP

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nearly-there

WHEN TO STOP

Post by nearly-there »

my d test is in just over 2 weeks. she will be practising some papers up until a week before the test, then i planned to stop everything. is this a good idea? should you let them clear their head or carry on? any advice from ex 11 plus mums/dads/tutors would be v grateful. :o
nif229

Post by nif229 »

Hi

Our daughter has just taken the Bucks 11+. We just went over the question types she wasn't sure of the week before her first exam. It worked well for us.

Nif229
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

nif229 wrote:We just went over the question types she wasn't sure of the week before her first examNif229
Last year we were the same, last week fun stuff, going back over question types, talking about exam technique and building confidence. It seemed to work, the day before exam son commented "it's strange but I don't feel nervous". Day of exam nerves appeared but we talked about being apprehensive is good and nerves make you work faster. It worked for us.
Good luck.
Karen

Post by Karen »

My son did a mock test the Saturday before the test day (Saturday after that), using the same format as on the day with the same amount of timing allowed for breaks. After that, he just did a couple of papers during the week before the test but only 10 minute stuff. Nothing on the day before test day.
duffymoon

Post by duffymoon »

we did a couple of papers at the weekends before the test on the wednesday, concentrated on a type he wasn't totally confident of and went over some vocab. did nothing on the night before the tests.
nearly-there

Post by nearly-there »

thank you all for your responses. it's good to hear some advice on what works for other families. fingers crossed now. :wink:
Karen

Post by Karen »

You're welcome. All the best. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now