opening results

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

medwaymum

opening results

Post by medwaymum »

this probably sounds a bit dumb but I need to prepare myself for saturday's results. my child wants to open the all important letter herself but I want to know from past 11plussers is it clear to the child whether they have passed or not?

I'm assuming it won't say sorry you have failed or congrats you have passed - does it say the words selective or non-selective.Just want to prepare my child really (and me!) :?
Debs

Post by Debs »

It'll be obvious straight away - An unsuccessful letter will have an appeal form in it!
I have received Medway letters saying my children are selective and you have two sheets of paper. One is a letter that gives the individual and overall standardised scores. Underneath this is the all important pass mark... Underneath this there is one line that says TEST DECISION... That's the one you'll need to be drawn to.. Mine all said 'name of child' has been found suitable for a grammar school education. The other sheet of paper explains what standardised scores are and how they are worked out.
Hope this helps and good luck for Saturday!
Debs
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Thanks Debs; thats really helpful. I know it doesn't make a difference to the result but I feel better prepared now.

Thanks again. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now