Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:25 pm 

Daogroupie, wanted to thank you for the idea of Sutton mock test. We don't know the result of round 2 yet (of course) but one thing DC gained from it: a positive attitude towards the tests. DC found it easy (ha-ha, lets see the result later, the questions probably were made deceptively easy...). It was the first mock test and DC wasn't so sure first of all why it was necessary to do the test at all: DC was a bundle of nerves beforehand about it, but leaving the building the DC said: "It was fun!" :) And it means a lot to me like a parent IYSWIM.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:16 pm 

Hello, I am delighted to hear that your ds had such a great experience and I hope the result will be that he goes into his real exams quietly confident that he is able to do his best.

I know of students who were shaking with nerves at Sutton but walked calmly in the real exam at Mill Hill on Saturday and one I know of got into a panic in the middle of the Sutton Maths but got over it and went over to get places at HBS, Latymer, Habs and NLCS. The school you want should never be your first exam. Use a mock to sort out all the non academic issues and then in the real thing you can concentrate on answering the questions.

I look forward to hearing about your real exam in September. DG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:42 pm 

DD did a mock test last month. Key learning points:
- answer all the questions even if you have to guess some
- don't waste time putting your hand up to ask a question about what was the question really asking as the invigilator won't answer it!
- look out for pages that are stuck together...
- Write across the box neatly as some questions she had answered correctly didn't count as she hadn't correctly written across the box
Saying that she did quite well with 81% in one of the tests which equated to 2nd in the 80 or so who attended that test which was encouraging! NVR however still needs a bit more work...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:28 pm 

There seems to be a plethora of Mock tests in the Slough area. Any one have any advice as to how to determine which one(s) are the best to book for?