Preparing for Grammar test in Sept but...

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tolstoy

Re: Preparing for Grammar test in Sept but...

Post by Tolstoy »

Ditto Tinkers my DSs didn't do mocks but we did a couple of trails at home. Also like Tinkers we allow noise and distractions that come with normal home life continue during those trails.

As I explained to DS only yesterday if a distraction happens in the test your paper will still be marked and if you let it get to you then you will have to appeal. Yet another hoop to get through better to learn to ignore and only have to jump through the single hoop.

We have only just started doing timed tests and if DS is capable then I believe there is plenty of time to get up to speed by December. So try not to be too concerned at this point.
thescribe

Re: Preparing for Grammar test in Sept but...

Post by thescribe »

Thanks all!

Well we did a timed test yesterday. I had a chat with him and explained that he needed to focus and that we only have about 11 weeks until the exam and that he needed to treat it as if it were an actual test.

I was pleasantly surprised! He finished with 6 minutes left, though he skipped a few questions he couldn't do. But even with that, he scored 80%.

Admittedly, it's a paper he's done before but I do think that's a positive going forward :-)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now