Info on mocks by Elevenplusexams

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Curiousparent

Info on mocks by Elevenplusexams

Post by Curiousparent »

Hi,

Not sure if I am allowed to ask this question. Moderators please help....

What do I understand from these scores...

My DD gave mock of our very dear Elevenplus :)
She scored 84% paper 1 , 88% paper 2 and 52% NVR

What is the level of difficulty of these mocks??? Children have scored as low as 20% and as high as 94%. What should I assume. I think I am going crazy.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If not permitted to talk about it please pm me...
Thanks
CP
grammar2012

Re: Info on mocks by Elevenplusexams

Post by grammar2012 »

Those are good scores- we did similar mock and were 80%, 75% and 50%. Not too worried abt NVR as not very keen on the school which still uses it. Plan to go through all the incorrect qs at some point again before the exams to get the basics right.

what are you doing these days? wonder if any of the old susan d books on aspects like synonyms, compound words, antonyms should still be used? Have you used the Letts papers? If so, how did you find them?
Curiousparent

Re: Info on mocks by Elevenplusexams

Post by Curiousparent »

My DD is finding Bond CEM very hard. She is OK with the Letts. We did one more test paper of Letts yesterday and she scored decently 90% and 92% in paper 1 and 2.

She does not want to do Bond CEM at all. I am not aware of any Susan D books which have synonyms and antonyms. I did buy her punctuation and grammar books which are helpful to understand more basic English.

Thanks
CP
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now