Good luck this week to all the 11+ forum graduates.

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ess30

Good luck this week to all the 11+ forum graduates.

Post by Ess30 »

Hope all the oh-so-big but oh-so-little Y7s enjoy their first steps into their secondary school life.

Thank you to 11+ forum for all the hand-holding through the exams last year. All said and done - it was a positive experience for us - reinforcing and revising primary school learning and working with our DC.

Good luck everyone with exams ahead. Hang in there - keep the hope!
Yamin151

Re: Good luck this week to all the 11+ forum graduates.

Post by Yamin151 »

What, do you think you graduate and leave this forum????!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

It's like hotel California here. You can check out but you can NEVER leave. See you in "everything else" section!

:lol: :lol: :)
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

+1
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Yamin151 wrote:What, do you think you graduate and leave this forum????!!!
Have you never heard of post graduates the ones who never leave education and go on and on and............................. :wink: :wink:
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... california" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Now that IS scary, scary mum!!!!

Should we start a thread now for

Moneysavingtips on Stannah Stairlifts? (other stairway transportation systems are available)
equilibro

Post by equilibro »

Ess30 wrote:Hope all the oh-so-big but oh-so-little Y7s enjoy their first steps into their secondary school life.
DC is ready and eager for tomorrow's GS start.

We were DIY only, and it paid off handsomely for us but I think most DC/parents are better served by formal tutoring, and personally I think tutors do a fabulous job. They clearly satisfy a demand, and more power to their elbow!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

equilibro wrote:
Ess30 wrote:Hope all the oh-so-big but oh-so-little Y7s enjoy their first steps into their secondary school life.
DC is ready and eager for tomorrow's GS start.

We were DIY only, and it paid off handsomely for us but I think most DC/parents are better served by formal tutoring, and personally I think tutors do a fabulous job. They clearly satisfy a demand, and more power to their elbow!
DIY Tutoring is great and effective if you are able to spare the time and have that kind of working relationship with your child. For us formal was better because then any resistance wasn't directed at us. Wasn't because I think a formal tutor could do any better than we could. As you say, tutoring is tutoring, DIY or paid tutor, still tutoring and can deliver a lot of bang for your buck if you can do it yourself.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

I DIY and I have met resistance and often debate whether I should use a tutor. However I have two issues on top of cost.

1. Tutored DC seem to be given work to do at home and I would still have to enforce this. My DC's friend seemed to do more work with DP than ours despite having a tutor.

2. I have been successful and you then feel pressured to continue despite the hassle as the question is would the tutor be good enough?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now